Renters Insurance

Renters insurance is a consideration for landlords and tenants alike. Most standard tenant policies include some variation of the following coverages, but don’t leave anything to chance. Ask River City Insurance to find a policy that will ensure you’re covered in every eventuality. We’re also here to help property owners make certain their property is protected.

Options Offered by River City Insurance Include:

Personal Property Coverage

This coverage covers everything within the insured dwelling, including but not limited to clothing, furniture, electronics, and other personal belongings, in losses that are tied to extreme weather, vandalism, theft, natural disasters, and other occurrences.

Loss of Use Coverage

After an incident covered by your policy, this clause will provide you with the means to stay elsewhere while repairs are being conducted. For instance, if there’s a fire that renders your apartment unlivable until the damage is addressed, Loss of Use will help cover the cost of motel living and meals over this time.

Liability Coverage

Lawsuits resulting from accident or injury sustained in your rental, or property damage you accidentally cause, can be financially devastating. This is where liability coverage comes in. Should you inadvertently cause a neighbor’s apartment to flood and ruin a prized electronic, or if your dog greets a visitor with his teeth, liability coverage can help cover damages. Though do be sure to ask about dogs in particular, as certain breeds may be excluded.

Tenant Occupied

This coverage, also known as landlord insurance or rental dwelling insurance, covers a property occupied by someone other than the owner. It can include anything from accidents, fires, vandalism, theft to injury that a tenant or guest sustains on the property, damage or negligence, or property provided by the owner to the tenant, such as washers, dryers, or refrigerators.

Contact River City Insurance today to discuss your insurance options.